Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Focus Group




In my focus group, I got a few of my target audience at college to take part and evaluate what they like and dislike in the media that I have created. For example, they firstly looked at my front cover and stated what they liked, disliked and what they think I should do to improve it. They then did the same with my contents age and my double page spread. I used students from the age of 16 years old to 19 years old because that is my target audience. I used 4 boys and 3 girls to make sure I got a fair and varied opinion and who enjoy music genre in my magazine. The concept of the focus group was to present our product and receive critical as well as positive feedback in order to help us improve our idea's and concepts further and this is exactly what I got from creating a focus group. Firstly, on my front cover looked, I was told it looked sophisticated and had an interesting look to it, this is probably because it had some unconventional elements on it. I was also told that someone didn't like the amount of colours I used on my front cover but I was told before that my front cover looked quite flat and that it needed more colours so I will not change that. Then, when commenting on my contents page, my focus group really liked my unconventional placing of the cover lines but I was told I could make them neater which I will try to do. Finally on my double page spread, my focus group really liked how I had done an introduction on 'Georgia Stubbs' and how I had highlighted it to make it stand out, they loved the different picture and that they were all black and white and kept to the colour scheme in the interview part of the double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment